Today we’d like to introduce you to Sue Bishop.
Sue – please share your story with us.
The company started in December of 1988 by Dy Brockbank and myself. We provide IT/technical support to a wide range of companies in the greater Boston area. Our services include local and wide area network design, cloud computing solutions, help desk and end user support, technology training, business continuity consulting and Office 365 migration and support.
We had an office in Chelsea MA until 2009. While we have a physical address in Lawrence MA, we consider ourselves a “virtual” company. All associates work from home or at client sites. Many of our team members live in greater Boston, but some live or travel outside of MA. We use technology to remotely support clients whenever possible, allowing us to address issues/questions quickly and more cost effectively. An untethered approach to providing IT support benefits the client and allows our engineers to work from home or any location with a reliable internet connection. When you call our help desk for support or to schedule an on-site visit, you may be talking to an engineer located in CA, Maine, an RV parked at a National/State or Regional Park or any other location in the country. No office, means no unnecessary travel for team members, resulting in more flexible scheduling and leisure time
- We are a certified MA Woman Owned Business
- Close to have of our team members have 20+ years of service and 1 has 13 years.
- Our company name TIC – stands for Trust, Integrity and Communication – the cornerstones of our business philosophy.
- We value diversity.
- What sets us apart from other IT companies – we seek to understand the client’s business, their culture and goals. It’s not about technology, it’s about making sure that people are empowered with the tools they need to do run their business.
Great, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
Over nearly 30 years we have seen several business cycles. We have never had to lay off anyone. The business model and technology itself has shifted many times. It’s been a challenge to keep up with those changes. Staying focused on the client’s business objectives instead of staying focused on specific technology trends has worked for us.
We focus on client’s needs and then try to find the best technical solution.
Please tell us about TIC Business Consultants.
- We care about our colleagues.
- We care about our clients and the health of their business. We specialize in helping companies figure out what technology will help advance their goals and then we help them implement the solution.
- We play well together and we play well with others. You don’t lots of credit for sharing information and empowering colleagues and clients.
- Integrity matters, it’s baked into our name – more than anything, that sets us apart.
- We provide technical support from across a broad spectrum to a wide range of clients.
- The word and handshake of everyone team member matters
Do you look back particularly fondly on any memories from childhood?
Trips to Putnam Pantry. They had 2 stores back in the day. We would have an ice cream sundae at one and then swing around to the second location for another helping.
- Website: ticbiz.com
- Phone: 617-884-1086
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: TIC Business Consultants