Today we’d like to introduce you to Michelle Schaufeld.
Michelle, can you briefly walk us through your story – how you started and how you got to where you are today.
In 1998 I made a career change from advertising to event planning. During my 8 years of full service event planning, we received many calls looking for “day of” coordination. At the time there was no solution for those potential clients. And in 2006 I made the leap to fill that void by opening The Day Of, a company whose sole focus would be “day of” coordination.
There are three main reasons this works:
1. Day of coordination is more affordable than full service and it allows those who enjoy the planning process to really embrace it.
2. Clients have access to an experienced, full service planner, throughout the process. And because it helps us get to know our clients, we encourage them to ask questions, to request vendor recommendations or just talk through something that is concerning them.
3. We offer you peace of mind and reassurance during the planning process, we pull all the details and timing together during the final weeks and we are there to oversee and manage the day of the wedding.
Has it been a smooth road?
I feel that the service we provide really aligns us with clients who understand what we do and have an appreciation for what we offer. We don’t play music and we don’t cook the food. We offer a service and that’s not tangible. Clients come to us, because they know that they will feel more relaxed the day of their wedding knowing their plans are being looked after. They have no choice but to base hiring us on a gut feeling, one that offers comfort and a relationship that we are going to put you at ease the day of your wedding. Clients often say that this is exactly what they need and that they feel such a sense of relief. They are searching already so at this point it’s about the relationship and the financial investment. I can honestly say that I feel blessed to have had the most incredible, kind, and appreciative clients.
So, as you know, we’re impressed with The Day Of – tell our readers more, for example what you’re most proud of as a company and what sets you apart from others.
The foundation of my company is “day of” coordination. However, about 5 years ago, “day of” clients started asking if I would take on more of the planning aspects of their events. That slow evolution has brought me to handling around 4 full service events each year. So, we have a reverse business model (to probably every event planner in Boston) in that “day of” continues to be the foundation to the business, and “full service” is secondary and taken on a limited basis.
Let’s touch on your thoughts about our city – what do you like the most and least?
I love the history, particularly the old hotels and churches. I love the waterfront and how easy it is to get around. There is also so much for out of town guests to do.
- Website: www.thedayofevents.com
- Phone: 508-523-3233
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheDayOfEvents/
Armor and Martel
George Street Photography
Silver + Salt