Today we’d like to introduce you to Freeman Deutsch.
Thanks for sharing your story with us Freeman. So, let’s start at the beginning and we can move on from there.
I’m a local Cambridge, MA resident with 10+ years of Harvard Information Technology (I.T.) experience. I spent much of my career automating robotic telescopes for educational use, but I love helping small businesses and non-technical people one-on-one with their technology needs. I visit individuals in their homes to get technology to work for them.
The Cambridge IT Guy offers reasonable rates, and if I don’t fix the problem, the client doesn’t pay! My clients range from novice computer users, poets, non-profit organizations, restaurants, to a retired presidential speechwriter wanting to automatically convert 1990’s floppies with word perfect files to PDF files!
In addition to helping individuals and small businesses with whatever technology problems they have, I also do software development. My current project is developing interactive museum exhibits demonstrating concepts related to motion.
Great, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
It’s a big change to move from working for an employer to working for yourself. Simply getting started is the hardest part. Most of my work comes from word of mouth, which is really gratifying—but it takes a while to build up a portfolio of clients. So, marketing and getting the word out has been the toughest part.
Cambridge IT Guy – what should we know? What do you guys do best? What sets you apart from the competition?
Some of the things I can help you do:
• Set up and/or use your computer (Mac or PC) or iPhone • Set up your modem/wireless router or wireless printer • Set up your computer to work with one or more operating systems • Fix syncing issues between Macs and iPhone • Set up Google Docs, Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Voice, etc. • Set up DropBox • Set up your electronic gadgets and teach you how to use them • Install the best free anti-virus software • Ensure that your data is always backed up • Restore lost data, and help organize your computer data
• Develop custom web and application software • Create custom software scripts to organize, format, migrate, and/ or distribute your data • Figure out a suitable electronic gadget to get somebody as a gift
Training • Figure out what technology you need and do not need • Make your workflow as efficient as possible • Become more independent with your computer • Learn how to program (all ages!)
What sets me apart is that I really enjoy working with people—I think I’m a technology guy with great people skills, including the ability to translate technical issues into standard English! I offer reasonable rates, and if I don’t fix the problem, you don’t pay! I visit clients in their homes and businesses to get technology to work for them.
What moment in your career do you look back most fondly on?
Very happy customers!
- Website: http://www.cambridgeitguy.com
- Phone: (857) 600-1659
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cambridgeitguy
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/cambridgeitguy
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/cambridge-it-guy-cambridge
- Other: https://www.google.com/search?q=cambridge+it+guy&oq=cambridge+it+guy#lrd=0x89e370b353055b31:0x1d767de7e3b9350b,1,,,